Super foods for Calcium
Five perfect sources for calcium that can fill your fridge:
1. Some of our best food sources of calcium come from dairy sources. For instance, a cup of skim milk contains 300 mg of calcium and one ounce of cheddar cheese contains 200 mg.
2. One cup of fortified orange juice contains the same amount of calcium as a glass of milk.
3. If you want to get adventurous with your food choices, try seaweed -- 3.5 oz of dried seaweed contains twice as much calcium as a cup of milk (625 mg).
4. Vegetarian protein choices such as tofu (258 mg per 1/2 cup) and white beans (161 mg per 1 cup) are other terrific sources of calcium.
5. And don’t forget your daily serving of nuts -- not only are almonds great for your heart, but they're great for your bones too with 151 mg of calcium per ounce.
Boost your calcium absorption - You also want to get the most out of your calcium food sources. Consuming a calcium-rich food with a good source of vitamin C (like in citrus fruit).
by The_Stir's Blog